top of page

Canada Family Visa

The Canada Family Visa to Canada provides a unique opportunity for Canadian citizens and permanent residents to sponsor family members to live in Canada. To be a sponsor you need to be above 18 years of age and meet certain financial requirements. The Canada family visa has been classified under the following category:
  • Spouse Visa
  • Common Law Partner Visa
  • Conjugal Partner Visa
  • Dependent Visa
  • Parent and Grandparent super visa

Now, we shall discuss the eligibility criteria of these visas:

Spouse Visa

You are a spouse to a Canadian citizen, if you are married to your sponsor and the marriage is legally valid.


If the marriage took place outside Canada then: 


  • The marriage must be recognised by the law of that country and under Canadian law.

  • If a marriage takes place in an embassy then the law of the country where the embassy is located will be considered not the country of the embassy.

If the marriage has taken place in Canada then:


  • You must have a marriage certificate from the province or territory where the marriage has taken place.

Same Sex Spouse Visa

If you want to sponsor you same sex spouse then you should to fulfil the following criteria:


If the marriage takes place outside Canada then:


  • You can apply to sponsor your same sex partner as spouse only if the marriage is legal under the law of the country where the marriage took place and the Canadian law. Following is the list of countries where this law applies:

Belgium, Netherlands, Norway, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, The state of California (Jan 16th08 to Nov 5th 2008), State of Massachusetts, State of the New Hampshire, The State of Connecticut, The state of Iowa, State of Vermont ( September 1, 2009)


If you are Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and married your same sex partner then:


  • You should have a marriage certificate from the following Canadian province or territory after the following dates:

  • British Columbia (on or after July 8, 2003)

  • Manitoba (on or after September 16, 2004)

  • New Brunswick (on or after July 4, 2005)

  • Newfoundland and Labrador (on or after December 21, 2004)

  • Nova Scotia (on or after September 24, 2004)· Ontario (on or after June 10, 2003)

  • Quebec (on or after March 19, 2004)

  • Saskatchewan (on or after November 5, 2004)

  • Yukon (on or after July 14, 2004)

  • all other provinces or territories (on or after July 20, 2005).

Common Law Partners Visa

To become a common law partner, either of the same sex or opposite sex you should:


  • be living together in an conjugal relationship for a continuous period of 12 months.( short leaves for business or family purposes is allowed.

  • You need to prove that you share a common household. This can be proved if you have the following documents; joint bank account or credit card, ownership of a house, residential leases, rental receipts, and proof of joint purchases or mail addressed to either or both individuals in the same address.

Conjugal Partner Visa

This category is applicable to those couples, either same sex or different sex, who under exceptional circumstances, which is not under their control, cant qualify as common law partners or spouses by living together.


To qualify for this visa, you should:


  • You have maintained a conjugal relation for at least a year and you cant live together or marry because of the following reason :

  • of an immigration barrier 

  • you are married and the law of your country does not allow you to get divorced

  • Your sexual orientation does not allow you to marry person of the same sex in your country.

Dependent Children Visa

A child is considered to be dependent under the following circumstances:


  • Under age of 22 and does not have a spouse or common law partner. 

  • Under the age of 22 and is enrolled as a full time student and is financially dependent on the parents.

  • Over the age of 22 but because of certain physical or mental disability is dependent on the parents.

Parent and Grandparent Super Visa

This visa is allows parents and grandparents of citizens and permanent residents of Canadian citizens to visit Canada. Only Spouse and common law partners can apply under this visa and not dependents.


To be eligible for this visa, you must:


Be a parent or grand-parent of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.


  • Be found admissible in Canada 

  • leave Canada at the end of the visit

  • have an invitation from a Canadian host

  • should have Canadian health insurance

  • provide a letter of financial support from the child or grand child

  • meet character and health requirement.

Need Assistance? Contact Us.

If you wish to apply now, click here to register online >>

You may send email to:

CANADA/INTERNATIONAL:  1-604-785-2297    

VANCOUVER:  604-785-2297      

MANILA: +632-511-0098

SAN SALVADOR Number:  503-7666-3017

bottom of page