top of page

Canada Live-In Caregiver Visa

Foreign live-in caregivers can be employed when Canadian workers or permanent residents are not available, they can help families care for children, the elderly or persons with disabilities. A foreign live-in caregiver who wants to work in Canada must have received a job offer from a Canadian employer and apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for a work permit. The caregiver's application must include proof that the employer received a positive Labour Market Opinion from ESDC.

How Can I Get A Visa? (Canada Live-In Caregiver Visa)

  • A positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from an employer in Canada.

  • A written contract with your future employer, signed by you and your employer.

  • Successful completion of the equivalent of a Canadian secondary school.

  • At least six months of full-time classroom training or at least one year of work experience as a caregiver or in a related field or occupation within the last three years, including at least six months of continuous employment with one employer.

  • The ability to speak, read and understand English or French so that they can function on their own in an unsupervised setting·

  • Passing medical, security and criminal clearances·

  • Work permit before you enter Canada.

What Can I Do With This Visa?

  • Once you get this visa, live-in Caregivers are allowed to live and work in Canada for a one-year period, which can be renewed for up to 4 years and 3 months.

  • Once live-in caregivers have accumulated at least 2 years of Canadian work experience, they can then apply for an open work permit allowing them to work for any employer and apply for their Canadian permanent residence.

  • Applicants can apply for an open work permit at the same time that they apply for permanent resident status.

  • They can also include immediate family members in their application for permanent resident status and obtain permanent resident status at the same time with the family members.

Need Assistance? Contact Us.

If you wish to apply now, click here to register online >>

You may send email to:

CANADA/INTERNATIONAL:  1-604-785-2297    

VANCOUVER:  604-785-2297      

MANILA: +632-511-0098

SAN SALVADOR Number:  503-7666-3017

bottom of page