top of page

Canadian Religious and Charitable Work Visa

The Religious or Charitable Work visa program allows the entry of foreign workers to Canada on a temporary basis to carry out duties for religious or charitable organizations. Working on a Religious or Charitable Work visa does not need an LMIA from ESDC.

Benefits of the Visa (Religious/Charitable Work Visa)

To be eligible for the Religious/charitable work visa in Canada you must meet certain requirements.
  • Though religious/charitable workers are exempted from ESDC and do not need a LMIA but they have to produce documentation supporting the legitimacy of the offer of employment, information about the Canadian employer and their ability to work as a religious/charitable organization.
  • You need to apply for a work permit from IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada).
  • You must receive a stipend from your employer as your living expenses.
  • Organization which is sponsoring the worker will not receive remuneration from any source for the services to be rendered by the foreign worker.
  • The work to be performed extends beyond normal work which includes and is not limited to work as clergy and whose employment will consist of the preaching of doctrine, presiding at liturgical functions or providing spiritual counselling as an ordained minister, lay person or member of religious order.
  • You need to give documentary evidence that you fit in the job and organization well.
  • You need to also meet certain health and character requirements.

What Can I Do With This Visa?

  • If a Religious or Charitable Work visa has been issued, applicants will be allowed to live and work in Canada for a specified period of time, generally between 1-4 years.
  • The foreign worker's spouse and dependent children may be eligible in certain cases to work and study during the stay.
  • A Religious or Charitable Work visa holder may also apply for permanent residence if eligible.

Need Assistance? Contact Us.

If you wish to apply now, click here to register online >>

You may send email to:

CANADA/INTERNATIONAL:  1-604-785-2297    

VANCOUVER:  604-785-2297      

MANILA: +632-511-0098

SAN SALVADOR Number:  503-7666-3017

bottom of page